8 Motivational Quotes to Inspire your Tattoo Removal
Deciding to have a tattoo removed is almost always a more emotional and agonizing decision than getting a tattoo in the first place. Getting a tattoo is exciting – once you’ve decided on the art and found an artist who can capture your vision (most people don’t spend enough time on this part) , it’s a relatively quick process with a huge return. You can literally change your entire look with a couple hundred dollars and a few hours of time.
Tattoo removal, on the other hand, is a self-reflective process that involves looking at where one is in their life, identifying the sources of pain or regret and determining how to overcome these barriers. It can be both spiritual and terrifying at the same time. There is a psychological hurdle that exists in admitting that your tastes or attitudes have changed and in some cases, overcoming the guilt or shame of facing your mistakes (such as a failed relationship).
Once the decision is made to have a tattoo removed, patients often feel a burden has lifted. They become energized and experience a feeling of personal growth. All doubt is erased as to whether it was the right choice. Their outlook brightens and their confidence increases because they’ve made the important decision to improve their lives.
Here are some of our favorite inspirational quotes for those who are contemplating tattoo removal or currently going through the process.
1. “To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.” –Henri Bergson
2. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” –Lao TsuIn
3. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.” –TS Elliot
4. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from your past, but you will find yourself.” –Deepak Chopra
5. “We attain freedom as we let go of whatever does not reflect our magnificence. A bird cannot fly high or far with a stone tied to its back. But release the impediment, and we are free to soar to unprecedented heights.” – Alan Cohen
6. “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” –William Shakespeare
7. “Change always comes bearing gifts.” –Price Pritchett
8. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” –George Bernard Shaw